Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thinking Routines

Thanks for a great meeting last week!  It is always inspiring to see student artifacts and hear each teacher discuss the thinking routines they have implemented in their classrooms.  I hope you leave these meetings energized!

Here are photographs of a sampling of student artifacts that were shared last week.  If you were unable to attend the meeting, we would love to hear from you in the comments section! 

Please let me know if you want Kim, Jim or I to visit your classrooms for a thinking routine or help you with a blog post!  We are here to help and learn alongside you!

 
These pictures show how Kelly used Chalk Talk
as a formative assessment in science.

 


 These pictures show how Lis used her class' Think-Puzzle-Explore chart
to guide their science unit of study. Lis used the students' thinking (seen on sticky notes)
to launch each new concept or experiment throughout the unit.
 

 
 I know these pictures are crooked but I'm having issues uploading them on blogspot.  They aren't crooked on my computer!  I'll try to fix them and edit this post another time. 





 

1 comment:

  1. When I take a step back and I think of all the objectives you all have to complete every year I am completely overwhelmed for you. However, when I see how excited you all get when you try something new, or in a different way, and you begin to describe how your students reacted to it, I am blown away. Dr. Hill and I talked after our meeting about how your facial expressions exploded when you began to talk about what your students were getting out of the discussions in class. I really couldn't have been more proud to be part of something. I know how overworked you all are, all I can say is that hard work and being exhausted is part of working. It isn’t much for inspiration, but it is a fact of life. No matter what your job is you are tired and exhausted at the end of the week. Nevertheless, when you are working hard and you are exhausted because you changed how a child looks and thinks about the world, well I can live with that! Please keep up all the great work you are doing, you are all parts of the reasons Scotch is the place that it is!

    ReplyDelete